Tuesday 7 August 2012

Gladley Come Home!

Hello chappies, I'm flying back to the UK this week for some Olympic shenanigans!

This is known as a kiss moment
Moving to the USA has been a huge journey (literally and figuratively).

The first time I called my Dad on the phone since being in the USA, he was surprised to hear from me. I had to remind him that I haven't died, I've just moved across the world. And that means I can come back.

I've had Olympics tickets booked for over a year now, and I can't believe it's come around finally. It was a huge help knowing that I would be heading back to the UK shortly after making the USA move. I'll be catching up with all my family and some of my friends too, which makes the distance feel just a little bit shorter.

When I get back, I don't know when I'll be back to the UK again. But this time period has been a good watershed. It's given me time to spend with my husband after a long stint as a long-distance couple, time to acquaint myself with my new home country, time to get my Green Card, social card and driving permit. I've had volunteer shifts, job applications, and job interviews. When I come back I hope for more, and more of the same.

Psst, don't worry, I've scheduled a bunch of blog posts, so it won't seem like I'm away at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment