Sunday 10 March 2013

Sunday Supplements (and Sunday puppy too)



Here's what the gladley house has been up to this week, other than looking at peaceful pictures of bulldogs…

Watching

 

Blue Bloods - I have a bad habit of not truly paying attention to TV dramas when they are on screen, so I call this show by its alternative title: "Tom Selleck's Authoritative Moustache".

Admiring

 

A blog devoted to Philly's basement bars - Amusing? Yes. Inspiring? Yes. Brilliant real estate marketing? Absolutely.

Cats, Bats, Shadows and Pantyhose - with Pinterest, everyone is an art curator. This board is one of mine.

Reading


Why should married women change their name? - a fellow married female friend linked to this on Facebook. I'm surprised at this writer's angle here because it already feels outdated. Perhaps that's because I spent a lot of time reading the articles of Offbeat Bride and a Practical Wedding before my marriage, and now I have a shrugging, accepting attitude towards any woman or man who wants to change their name, keep their name, combine their name, or make a new name. I don't care what you do, as long as it's what you want to do. I changed my name and love it so much I put it on my blog.

I recently won £1m on the lottery - This is a Reddit AMA (ask me anything, an organic self-proposed interview) that intrigued me and made me re-evaluate how I'd spend my future lottery winnings (girl can dream, right?). At one point the poster states his partner would like private healthcare, leading to a interesting discussion about the UK's National Health Service vs private healthcare in the UK and USA.

Starting our own little revolutions - This is a super combination of two of my favorite blogs! Erin from Predictions from the Past guest posting on Ispasiyo by Denise about how she found her way to her creative career. More of this sort of blogging please, friends!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA I showed this picture to my friend, sitting next to me, and her first reaction was: what is that? and then: OHMYGOD is that a face!?!?

    also, about the maiden name stuff, Lindsay's been talking about it recently, too - interesting discussion on this post and the first one! http://www.trialbysapphire.com/2013/03/youve-been-heard-follow-up-to-maiden.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, smooshfaces crack me up.

      Thanks for the link also.

      Also, I hate that blogger doesn't autoparse. I think a move to disqus or another platform is necessary…

      Delete